Several law enforcement officers

Several law enforcement officers are currently our members, and we would like to kindly ask them to state their department’s POLICY regarding CIVIL STAND-BY when there are child custody disputes.

Compliance with child custody orders is as important as compliance with support orders, and so is knowledge regarding the means of enforcement.

What are your mandated PROCEDURES when either the sheriff’s office or the city police accompanies a parent on a civil stand-by to keep the peace while a parent recovers a child who has been unlawfully detained?

What sort of reports are generated?

And how are such reports cross-referenced with the records at Family Court? (If not, it should be in this age of Oracle databases…)

Under what circumstances does the District Attorney get involved in the event of child custody violations? (Of course, they routinely file to collect late support payments.)

If you have any practical tips to share with fellow DADS, please kindly do so.

Thanks for keeping the peace.

No Comments

You can leave the first : )